Sunday 11 January 2015

Our 35th wedding Anniversary.

Monday 1st  December

Mileage Start 15078 - End  =

35 years ago today was the very best day of my life.  I married my best friend.  Like most long marriages there have been ups, downs and lots of ordinariness in between but we have survived to tell the tale!

As it was Simon's day off we decided that a little trip out in Tallulah was in order.  I was feeling quite down in the morning as the only cards we got were the ones that we sent each other.  Nobody else acknowledged the day, not even our children.  I know that shouldn't matter but it did.

I was very sad too that the one person who would never have forgotten is no longer here.  My Dad. For 34 years we always had a card from my Mum and Dad.  Even through the years when Mum was in the hospital and Dad was so busy and preoccupied, he never once forgot.

Anyway, we decided to go to Hunstanton to look for more sea glass.  Hunstanton  is just a little bit further around the coast from Heacham where we found some sea glass a few weeks back.

It was a really cold and windy day but we had the best time.  We parked  at the far side of Hunstanton on the road above the cliffs.  We walked down through the gardens onto the sea front and then spent several hours walking right the way along the beach to the other end.  
Found this Union Jack on the beach.
SELFIES!

All the time we were scanning the sand around our feet for the elusive sea glass.  We didn't have any luck to begin with but then Simon found a few pieces.  While we were walking, we talked again about the fact that nobody had remembered our day. I said to Simon how hard I was finding it with no card from Dad and that he never forgot.  As I was speaking a little glint of glass caught my eye down in the sand.  I bent to pick it up and as it slid free of the sand I saw that it was little heart.
My Dad had not missed the day after all.  He had not forgotten. He sent me his heart.

I know to many of you that will all sound very fanciful. You believe what you will.  You will never convince me otherwise.   My Dad sent that heart to me in that moment to let me know that everything is ok and that he loves me.

We continued our walk along the beach and did find several more pieces of glass but not much. By the time we returned to Tallulah the sun was going down so we drove home.

It was a lovely day and although Tallulah has now been resting for over a month I am hoping that the winter weather will soon allow us to have our first trip of 2015.




1 comment:

  1. What a neat collection of sea glass - and I'm so sorry that I hadn't noted your anniversary. Now it's on my calendar. I know I'll be among many to remember it next year! Have a wonderful year with Tallulah!!

    ReplyDelete